Following our announcement of Dragon Ball coming to the UK we want to take a moment to clarify a few details…
– Since our announcement we have had it confirmed by TOEI Animation (The Licensor) that the masters being used for our release will be those used in Australia by Madman Entertainment. At the time of our announcement this had not been confirmed to us.
– Stemming from this confirmation, we can now confirm that the episode breakdown for the 5 box sets will be:
- Season 1: Episodes 1-28 (The Emperor Pilaf and First World Martial Arts Championship sagas)
- Season 2: Episodes 29-57 (Red Ribbon Army and General Blue sagas)
- Season 3: Episodes 58-83 (Commander Red and Fortune Teller Baba sagas)
- Season 4: Episodes 84-122 (Tien Shinhan and King Piccolo sagas)
- Season 5: Episodes 123-153 (Piccolo Jnr. saga Parts 1 and 2)
– The first 4 Seasons will each be 4-discs sets, where as Season 5 will be a 6-disc box set.
– The UK box sets will be branded as “Season” sets, not “Collection” or “Saga” sets. This is to follow the same pattern of releases that we have implemented for Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT. The reason for keeping them as “Season” sets is to ensure there no confusion with the box sets in retail. We appreciate that fans of the series wouldn’t be confused if presented differently, but we want to make sure that everyone has complete clarity when it comes to the presentation of the box sets.
– The information and artwork designs being shown on online retailer listings will be updated accordingly to reflect the above.
You can pre-order all 5 season box sets of Dragon Ball today from Amazon UK at http://amzn.to/1dWW6kC
If you have any questions on the above information please feel free to ask.
Manga Entertainment UK